cannot get to the computer behind the firewall

Tom La Velle smilingdog "at" yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 03:41:01 2004

I am trying to connect to the server from a remote location.  I know that I have it configured correctly because I can connect to the vnc server over the lan.  But how do I access the computer running the server from a remote location over the internet.  I have a dsl line with a dynamically assigned ip address.  I have a wireless router with two computers connected to a workgroup.  I do have a dynamic dns service running so I always have a url that resolves to whatever my currently assigned ip address is.  Whenever i type in the url  (http://smilingdog.hopto.org), I get a failed to connect to server message.  If I type in my current IP address, I also get the same message.  Any suggestions?