VNC and XP

Alan Scott ascott3 "at" yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 23:56:00 2004

Once in a while I am asked by my father-in-law, using Windows ME and a dial-up system, for some computer help and in the past I have contacted him using VNC on my dial-up system and W98. I am now running XP Pro on a Dell 2.66gz with an Actiontec Gateway DSL modem with built-in firewall. His computer is identified as a "server" with mine set up as a "viewer".

Now when I try to use VNC, I receive a "Unable to connect" message.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.