HP-UX 10.20 and VNC

Louis-Pierre Gagnaux louis_pierre_gagnaux "at" hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:16:01 2004

Hello

I'm in task of maintaining a medical legacy instrument system, which is able
to measure hundreds of different parameters in blood, serum or urine,
working on HP-UX 10.20, where we have an installed base of about 2500
instruments.

We have a major problem concerning VNC 3.3.7 and HP-UX 10.20. The
Screen-Sharing is working correctly, we are able to take over the screen
from a remote-workstation. However the OS of HP-UX is working unstable,
memory buffers are not correctly synchronized to disk, leading to
unpredictable behavior which data is stored, when data is written to the
database or to the disk.

As a simple test, when we shutdown the workstation after having used VNC,
HP-UX 10.20 reports
"x buffers not flushed, x buffers still dirty"
meaning that HP-UX could not flush its buffers correctly to disk.

Does anybody know about this problem and does anybody know any workarounds?

We are using
- VNC 3.3.7., I have downloaded the source code and comipled it on HP-UX
10.20 workstation B2600
- HP-UX 10.20 with latest patch level
- Workstation B2600

Kind Regards

Louis-Pierre Gagnaux

Das Internet ist ein ideales Werbemedium, um Ihre Zielgruppe zu erreichen!
http://www.content.overture.com/d/?mkt=ch