Multiple display

Zach Dennis zdennis "at"
Fri Jan 30 00:52:00 2004

Could you clarify "virtual ip". Are you going to setup one ip for both
machines that doesn't really exist? Like a ghost ip? Are you doing this with
software or a Cisco router?

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at"]On
Behalf Of Sandeep Venkatesh
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 5:30 PM
To: vnc-list "at"
Subject: Multiple display

Does anybody know how to configure high availability in a multiple display
server environment. The setup should be like this -
1. I will have 2 unix servers with 2 monitors, both having X Server
2. My client servers should be able to access the virtual IP which will be
assigned between the 2 display servers
3. Even if one of the display server goes down, the clients should still
contiue accessing the display via the 2nd disp server

In summary, its a high availablity environment for display servers. Any

svenkatesh "at"
VNC-List mailing list
VNC-List "at"
To remove yourself from the list visit: