Multiple display

Zach Dennis zdennis "at" mktec.com
Fri Jan 30 00:52:00 2004

Sean,

Could you clarify "virtual ip". Are you going to setup one ip for both
machines that doesn't really exist? Like a ghost ip? Are you doing this with
software or a Cisco router?

Zach

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com]On
Behalf Of Sandeep Venkatesh
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 5:30 PM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Multiple display

Does anybody know how to configure high availability in a multiple display
server environment. The setup should be like this -
1. I will have 2 unix servers with 2 monitors, both having X Server
capabilities
2. My client servers should be able to access the virtual IP which will be
assigned between the 2 display servers
3. Even if one of the display server goes down, the clients should still
contiue accessing the display via the 2nd disp server

In summary, its a high availablity environment for display servers. Any
ideas?

~
Sandeep
svenkatesh "at" appshop.com