R: Server closed connection unexpectedly

Livio Curzola l.curzola "at" t-t.it
Thu Jan 29 17:21:01 2004

James,

VNC server appears as started in the Services Control Panel. I am going to
describe the precise sequence of steps that led to the connection refused
message.

- Since the problem server is on a remote site, I have accessed to it
through VNC Server 3.3.7 and installed VNC Server 4.0b on it (a copy of the
installation program is on the server);
- The installation was successful: at this point both versions of VNC server
were running;
- At this point, I have stopped VNC Server 3.3.7: the connection was closed;
- I have tried to connect to the problem PC but I was prompted the
connection refused message: a guy on the remote site confirmed that VNC
Server 4 was running while VNC Server 3.3.7 was stopped.
- VNC Server 4 was uninstalled and connection re-established by means of VNC
3.3.7

Regards

Livio Curzola
Software engineer

Tel : +39 0481 523874
mail :l.curzola "at" t-t.it

t&t
telematica e trasporti srl
visit our web: www.t-t.it

Sede
Autoporto pad.A c/o B.I.C. I 34170 GORIZIA
tel. +39 0481 523874 fax +39 0481 523879
e-mail : info "at" t-t.it

its research centre
Area Science Park - Padriciano 99  I 34012 Trieste  Italia
Tel: +39 040 3755371 - fax: +39 040 3755372
e-mail : t-t "at" com.area.trieste.it

************************
This document is intended for, and should only be read by,those persons to
whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have received
this message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately, e-mail
"info "at" t-t.it". Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without our
prior written consent is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent
the position of t&t. Furthermore t&t does not authorise nor use e-mail for
official contractual correspondence.  Nothing received in e-mail has any
contractual validity. t&t reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been checked for known  computer viruses.