xterminal

Jerry Westrick Jerry "at" Westrick.Com
Thu Jan 29 16:41:01 2004

Chris...

Dificult call weither this is a VNC setup problem or a X-Windows, see
that VNC includes it's own X-Windows startup...

But you're best bet would be on a SuSE list since you have that specific
flavor, and SuSE delivers a perconfigured version of VNC.

Unfortunatetly you didn't mention which version of SuSE you've installed
so I cannot say where to look nor what to do.  (Thier setup changed
recently)

So If I was you, I would:
1) install the SuSE version of VNC.
2) read the /usr/share/doc/packages/vnc/README.suse,
   where the suse people explain how they set up vnc for you.
   (Also the /usr/share/doc/releasenotes if you got version 9.0)
and optionally,
3) Install the realvnc ontop of the SuSE configuration (only if you
decide you need the newer version.)

Hope this helps...

Jerry Westrick