xterminal

Corné Beerse cbeerse "at" lycos.nl
Thu Jan 29 15:56:01 2004

Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:

> Your question doesn't seem to relate to VNC, so this mailing-list isn't
> really appropriate.  You might get better help from Unix, Linux, X-Windows or
> X-Free newsgroup.  Actually, you just need to edit a file which specifies
> which windows manager you would like to use.  However, because of diff.
> flavours in Unix/Linux, I'm not sure of the name.  For some, it's called
> startx

I already answered the question since it definitly has to do everything with
vnc. The unix (thus linux) implementation is Xwindows all the way.

I personally find Xvnc (the core of vncviewer on unix) a far better way to get a
view of X11 applications on a M$WIndows desktop than any expensive X11 server on
M$Windows.

For what its worth, the answers include:
get vncserver on the remote host
get the setup as on http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp
get the setup as I previously described (replacing or adding an Xserver).

CBee