connection problem windows xp viewer to windows 2000 server behin d firewall

Prakash.Reddy@gxs.com Prakash.Reddy "at" gxs.com
Thu Jan 29 15:09:01 2004

   Hi,

    I have problem connecting to the VNC server running on windows 200
behind a firewall from a windows XP machine connected to the internet
through a router and cable modem.

       1. VNC server  - behind a firewall  on a windows 2000 machine
       2.  Another VNC server on a Sun workstation.

       VNC viewer - connected to the internet through a linksys router and
motorola cable modem.

     I have no problem connecting to the vnc server on the Sun workstation.
However, when I try to connect to the VNC server, nothing happens.  Once the
screen flashed and exited, but most of the time nothing happens when I enter
the password.

 Thanks
  pr