Server closed connection unexpectedly

Livio Curzola l.curzola "at" t-t.it
Wed Jan 28 16:29:01 2004

Hello to all.

I have just upgrade a VNC server, installed on a Windows NT4 Server
computer, from release 3.3.7 to release 4.0.b4. The problem I am facing is
that whenever I try to establish a new connection to this computer,
VNCViewer prompts the following error message: "Server closed connection
unexpectedly". At the same time the VNC Service on the remote machine stops.
The problem arise with both 3.3.7 and 4.0b4 versions of the viewer.
Other upgrades, on various Windows machines (NT 4 Workstation / NT 4 Server
( W2K Professional) do not show this same problem.
Does anybody have a workaround for it.

Regards,

Livio Curzola
Software engineer

Tel : +39 0481 523874
mail :l.curzola "at" t-t.it

t&t
telematica e trasporti srl
visit our web: www.t-t.it <http://www.t-t.it/>

Sede
Autoporto pad.A c/o B.I.C. I 34170 GORIZIA
tel. +39 0481 523874 fax +39 0481 523879
e-mail : info "at" t-t.it <mailto:info "at" t-t.it>

its research centre
Area Science Park - Padriciano 99  I 34012 Trieste  Italia
Tel: +39 040 3755371 - fax: +39 040 3755372
e-mail : t-t "at" com.area.trieste.it <mailto:t-t "at" com.area.trieste.it>

************************
This document is intended for, and should only be read by,those persons to
whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have received
this message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately, e-mail
"info "at" t-t.it". Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without our
prior written consent is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent
the position of t&t. Furthermore t&t does not authorise nor use e-mail for
official contractual correspondence.  Nothing received in e-mail has any
contractual validity. t&t reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been checked for known  computer viruses.