4.0b4 Registry Keys

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Sun Jan 25 18:55:01 2004

Adam,

The VNC 4 documentation lists the corresponding registry key for each GUI
option along with the description of the option.  Alternatively, you can
simply run "winvnc4 -help", for example, to see a complete list of options.
To see the types of the options in the registry, just run vncconfig to save
some options and have a look at the registry.  The options are all specified
using the most obvious mapping, although you can actually juse use REG_SZ
for all options, if you prefer.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Erica [mailto:ane61000 "at" yahoo.com]
Sent: 24 January 2004 06:35
To: James Weatherall
Subject: RE: 4.0b4 Registry Keys

Thanks for the reply.  If I remember correctly in version 3 some reg keys
wouldn't show up on install.  So just to make sure I have them all they are
the ones listed on those pages and are all of them reg_sz?  I know that
password is reg_binary but is there anything else?  If you guys ever have
time, =) ,  I like the way you listed them in the old documentation it was
really helpful.

Thanks again

Adam

James Weatherall <jnw "at" realvnc.com> wrote:

Server keys live under [HKLM|HKCU]/Software/RealVNC/WinVNC4.
Viewer keys live under HKCU/Software/RealVNC/VNCViewer4.

The available options that can be set are described at
http://www.realvnc.com/v4/winvnc.html and
http://www.realvnc.com/v4/winvncviewer.html.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21608/*http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/> Try
it!