failed connection with vnc 3.3.7

Vlad Vasilianu vvasilianu "at" redlinecommunications.com
Fri Jan 23 21:23:01 2004

Hi all,
I installed vnc 3.3.7 on a machine and I am running the vnc server as a
service. At anytime when a user is logged on this machine I cannot take
control, I get an error message saying either 'connection refused' or 'failed
authentication' .
No problems to connect if the user is logged off, but then again, if I connect
and then I kill the connection by simply closing the vnc window, without doing
a logoff on that machine, I cannot connect back to it.

I got the same version, I installed it on a machine next to me and I can
connect thru the LAN whether a local user is logged or not on the machine.
Is there a problem with whatever switches (firewalls if any)  are between my
machine and the remote machine ? If so, what would be a solution?

Thank you,

Vlad Vasilianu
DATABASE DEVELOPER
REDLINE Communications Inc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
in error, please notify Redline immediately by email at
postmaster "at" redlinecommunications.com.

Thank you.