problems using a trendnet dsl router

Scott C. Best sbest "at" best.com
Fri Jan 23 18:17:00 2004

Carlos:

	Hola. What you are trying to do does not work with most DSL
routers. That is, from a PC "behind" the router, you will not be
able to access a VNC Server that's also "behind" the router using
the router's external IP address. That sort of "looping" just isn't
supported by most DSL routers.

	I suspect you're trying to access your VNC Server in this
way so you can test to see if the virtual-server settings are correct.
Try this instead: "http://www/GoToMyVNC.com". If that scan can connect,
then your DSL router is setup correctly.

cheers,
Scott

> hi, i have this problem :
>
> i have a local lan ips from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.1.254 usgin a trendnet
> TEW-311BRP dsl router using dhcp.
>
> my internte is working ok, also my local lan, i can access all pc's on net.
>
> i have a pc1 with XP running vnc server with local ip 192.168.1.5 this pc-ip
> is configured
> as a virtual server on the router usgin port 5900.
>
> to try vnc viewer i have another pc usgin w98 with ip 192.168.1.3, i can
> access the
> vnc server using the local ip  http://192.168.15:5900/ work ok.
>
> also i can manage under internet my router using http://X.X.X.X:8080
> and also i can acces vnc server usgin java with http://192.168.15:5800/
>
> BUT I CANT ACCESS THRU INTERNET WITH FIXED EXTERNAL IP ( X.X.X.X )
<snip>