determining when another vnc viewer is connecting - solaris

Reynolds, John John.Reynolds "at" sciatl.com
Fri Jan 23 13:20:01 2004

Hello,

I've searched the archives and found items that were close but did not
really answer this question. Is there a way to send a message to the vnc
display everytime a client connects?

I'm starting vncserver with the alwaysshared and dontdisconnect flags
because I want to allow simultaneous connections. I'd just like to alert any
existing clients when a new one connects or disconnects.

Is there any document that explains the sign-on sequence that occurs when a
new client connects? Specifically when a client connects to a display that
has already logged into the server host.

Thanks in advance,

John

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.