VNC Server On Linux

Zach Dennis zdennis "at" mktec.com
Thu Jan 22 17:13:00 2004

Not that this reply necessarily helps, but I get just the opposite. My Linux
box boots to runlevel 3, but when I connect using vnc viewer on windows xp
my vnc viewer gets the kde desktop.

=)

Want to trade?

Zach

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com]On
Behalf Of R. S. Patil
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 11:07 AM
To: VNC Support
Subject: VNC Server On Linux

Dear Friends,

I am really impressed with Real VNC Today I
tried running VNC server on Linux and Connecting it
with VNC Viewer on Win XP Desktop. The thing I
see in VNC Viewer is a Text Window where I have to
type a command. At Linux Server a nice KDE Desktop
is being displayed. I would like to have similar display
in my VNC Viewer but Invisible at Physical display
connected to Linux Server. The Server is Running
SuSE 8.2 Linux.

Can somebody guide me what I have to do
to get a GUI Display.

When I Connect to a Windows VNC Server I
Always see a GUI Desktop in VNC Viewer.

Best Regards

R. S. Patil