problems using a trendnet dsl router

Carlos Carrion onlinecomputacion "at" hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:08:00 2004

hi, i have this problem :

i have a local lan ips from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.1.254 usgin a trendnet
TEW-311BRP dsl router using dhcp.

my internte is working ok, also my local lan, i can access all pc's on net.

i have a pc1 with XP running vnc server with local ip 192.168.1.5 this pc-ip
is configured
as a virtual server on the router usgin port 5900.

to try vnc viewer i have another pc usgin w98 with ip 192.168.1.3, i can
access the
vnc server using the local ip  http://192.168.15:5900/ work ok.

also i can manage under internet my router using http://X.X.X.X:8080
and also i can acces vnc server usgin java with http://192.168.15:5800/

BUT I CANT ACCESS THRU INTERNET WITH FIXED EXTERNAL IP ( X.X.X.X )

WHEN I TRY TO CONNECT SAYS " FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER"

I ALREADY CHECK MY FIREWALL RULES AN THE ACCES TO 192.168.1.5 AS A LAN
ON PORT 5900 IS PERMITED, COMING FROM A WAN NET, THIS CONFIGURATION
IS LIKE "MANAGEMENT ROUTER VIA INTERNET), I SEEMS LIKE ACCESS IS GRANTED
BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE SHOULD I HAVE TO CONFIGURE ?

THANKS

CARLOS CARRION
MEXICO.

MSN. Mas Ztil Cada Dma  http://www.msn.es/intmap/