VNC-List digest, Vol 1 #776 - 18 msgs

Andre Merzky andre "at" merzky.net
Wed Jan 21 13:41:00 2004

Hi Ben,

we checked out your patch, and that seems indeed to work nicely!
(Linux to linux), and: that is exactly what we need! :-)  Many
thanks!  :-))

Do you accept feature requests already? ;-)

  - It would be nice to be able to define a master, who is always
    able to gain control, independend of the other participants
    mode.
  - It would be nice to have an idea about who is controling the
    screen when in fullscreen mode, or borderless windows mode.
    The titlebar update works nice, but a short-living popup in
    the top middle or somewhere would be cool.

If we can help you with testing or bug fixing, let us know.
If you want to get some detailed usage scenario from us, let us
also know :-)

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Ben Levitt] (Jan 21 2004):
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:36:39 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ben Levitt <levittben "at" yahoo.com>
> Subject: Collaborative VNC
> To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
>
> I have put together a patch for tightvnc which allows
> multiple people to work together in a vnc session.  It
> lets everyone see everyone else's mouse pointer, and
> mediates control of the session so multiple people
> can't simultaneously send colliding mouse and keyboard
> input.
>
> My bare-bones page about this patch is at:
> http://benjie.org/software/linux/vnc-collaborate.html
> or if that site is still being flakey, at:
> http://kzsu.stanford.edu/~benjie/linux/vnc/vnc-collaborate.html
>
> I thought people here might be interested in trying
> this.  So far I have only patched the unix version.
> If I get a few requests, I'll try to patch the viewers
> for windows and java as well.  (Or if people who know
> windows or java coding better than me want to help
> out, that would be fine too.  :)  But I'm getting
> ahead of myself...)
>
> I also thought this would make a good addition to the
> "VNC Extras, Add-ons and modifications" page at
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/extras.html
>  Anyone know how to request getting a link to this
> project onto that page?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

| Andre Merzky                   | phon: ++49 - 30 - 84 1 85 - 339 |
| Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)    | fax : ++49 - 30 - 84 1 85 - 107 |
| Dept. Scientific Visualization | mail: merzky "at" zib.de             |
| Takustr. 7 - D-14195 Berlin    | www : http://www.zib.de/merzky/ |