VNC-List digest, Vol 1 #773 - 6 msgs

Barrie, Stephan stephan.barrie "at" bicworld.com
Tue Jan 20 03:29:00 2004

Dear Tech User,

Two things you may want to note:

1) If your work is running a firewall, it aint gonna work... As the internet
will not authenticate your work's IP address from home...unless of course
work is nice enuff to open a port on the firewall for you!

2) If not, and your able to ping your work machines from home, then add the
work IP address to your routing table using the   "route" command followed
by add, from the windows command line. This will get you up and going. Not
sure if you can do this on anything other than XP, 2000 and NT , 98 or under
might pose a problem.

Best of Luck!

Kind Regards,

Stephan Barrie