F8 and Num Lock confusion with XF86

Dan Olson danole "at" comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 08:29:00 2004

I started using vnc-4.0b4 a few months ago but for the longest time I
didn't know why F8 didn't popup a menu like it did on other unix systems
I had been on.  My system is Mandrake 9.0 with XFree86 Version 4.2.1, so
maybe this is unique to this configurations.

Well, I finally discovered that numlock being on was the problem; once
numlock was off F8 popped up the menu.  I looked at the code in
CConn.cxx:138 and ran with debug output and noticed that the key event
state had Mod2Mask set when numlock was on.  So I modified the code to
ignore Mod2Mask as I always have numlock on.

Now my question is, since I was so confused by this behavior, does it
make sense to change vncviewer ignore Mod2 key for popup menu?
--
Dan (danole "at" comcast.net)