Which registry entry prevents connecting???

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Sat Jan 17 15:57:00 2004

Bill Todd said:
> I installed 3.3.7 on a Win2k server.
> I had no problem connecting when no user was logged on.
> I did some testing including changing the password and the display
> number.
> Suddenly I could no longer connect unless a user was logged on.
> I uninstalled and reinstalled. No change.
> I uninstalled and deleted all registry entries.
> I reinstalled and I could connect when no user was logged on again.
>
> What setting makes it impossible to connect to the VNC server unless a
> user is logged on?

It sounds like when you changed the password and display number you
changed the per-user settings.  When no user is logged on the per-machine
settings are used (which it sounds like you didn't change).

--
William Hooper