immediate disconnect using realVNC 3.3.7

Bonno Bloksma b.bloksma "at" tio.nl
Sat Jan 17 08:01:01 2004

Hi,

Server is Windows 2000 server SP4 all patches applied running RealVNC4b4
Client is Windows 2000 Pro SP4 all patches applied running RealVNC4b4
I connect to the server when the screen saver is running, by moving the
mouse the screensaver screen will disappear and the "console is locked"
notice will appear. Grey areas will be pink. Disconnecting and reconnecting
will show the pink for a fraction of asecond and then teh grey wil be grey.
Server runing 16bit colors. It seems like this has to do with the color
translation where VNC will reduce it to 8bit colors, at least that is what
VNC 3.3 did right?

I can reproduce this at will.

I have not tried to connect to the server and let the screensaver come up.

Groetjes,

Bonno Bloksma