Connecting to Solaris 8 from Windows

Steve Palocz spalocz "at"
Thu Jan 15 20:47:01 2004

Download the vnc beta 4 (goto downloads at and on the
right hand side is a link to beta 4) and use the X0vncserver file to
start a server that will allow you to connect to display 0 and see what
is shown on the console gui.

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at"] On
Behalf Of Franco Stellari
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 2:55 PM
To: vnc-list "at"
Subject: Connecting to Solaris 8 from Windows

I'm new to this mailing list and I don;t have much experience with unix
I'm trying to share the CDE desktop of a SUN machine running Solaris 8
to a
chient installed on a Win2k PC.
I need the PC user to be able to see as a spectactor what I'm doing on
the SUN.

I installed the vncswerver download from
When I run it it connect to dispaly :1 and not to :0 bevause Xsun is
using :0.
If I connect from the client, I can conenct to :1 but I don't have the
I can not connet to :0.

Is there a solution to this problem.
Thanks a lot for any help,

VNC-List mailing list