Request for help from Mac VNC users

Robert Davis sniperlt "at" yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 19:12:00 2004

Hello.

I have a friend of mine visiting form Austrailia that
has a Mac. I do
not know what OS or model. But it was brought within
the last 4 years
if that helps.

Anyway I am I windows network manager and know almost
nothing about
Macs. My friend's daughter lives here in the us and
had a windows
computer. What I would like to do is be able to
connect to my friends
computer in Austrailia using vnc. I normally use ESVNC
1.1 becasue of
the file tranfer capabilities but I can use any
version. What need is
some screen shots of the installation process on a MAC
so I can put
them in a printed document for her or make up a web
page for her
before she leaves. After that and she installs it when
she gets home
I can then connect to her and help here out.

What I eventually want to do is set up a video
conferencing program
on both her and her daughter's computer so they can
talk when she is
in Austrailia and her daughter is here. I would think
the Yahoo
Messenger would work but I understand that it does not
have video
capabilities in the Mac version. So any suggestions on
a program that
would run on Mac and windows would be helpful

Thanks.