Multiple Workstations

Neild,Bruce BNEILD "at" Travelers.com
Wed Jan 14 14:55:00 2004

Hello Everyone:
I have been researching a method to run a GUI application on multiple
workstations in the same network.  The application can be launched from
the command line directly or via a batch file on a single workstation.
It needs the desktop to interact with other GUI components.
I would like to use a scheduling program on a master workstation or
server (W2K or XP) to launch this application on other multiple
workstations not in use by any other user.
I looked into psexec and it would launch the application, however
without the GUI desktop it could not run correctly.  From everything I
have read it looks like some sort of remote utility such as VNC would be
needed to accomplish my goal.
Can VNC installed as a server on multiple W2K or XP workstations be
started from one master workstation?  I do not have a problem with
serializing the launch on the remote workstations.
Thanks for the help.

=
This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is intended for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the
original communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein,
from your system.
=
The Travelers E-mail System <tdmmsws1> made this annotation on 01/14/2004
09:54:31 AM.