launching WMs by Xvnc

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Wed Jan 14 13:03:00 2004

This is the last time, please send replies to the list.

Adam Kolany said:
> first of reasons:
> I have several computers at home and I want to have a GUI on one of them
> launched and then to be able to work with it from other machines on the
> same desktop. vncsever is not good, for it wants the password while
> connecting,

The vncserver script only ask for a password the first time it is started
by a user.  It then creates a ~/.vnc/passwd file that it uses from then
on.

> but I want server to  start automatically when the computer
> is turned on.

There are a couple different ways of doing that.  For some ideas look at
http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/65.html .

--
William Hooper