How to Find your IP address: was Re: Dynamic WAN IP using PPPoE

Bill Cassady caersidi "at" freeshell.org
Mon Jan 12 16:12:01 2004

In your browser go to:

	http://www.ipv6.org

They will reflect your connection address right at the top.

(If we had IPv6 now, we wouldn't have a 'shortage' of IP addresses
and each person/machine, refrigerator, car, dog, flea could have
its own permanent address.)

-Bill
_______________________________________
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Bill Cassady wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Scott C. Best wrote:
>

> > Frank:
> > 	Heya. PPPoE is the practically the reason that Dynamic DNS was
> > invented. :) Have a look here:
> >
> > http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/98.html
>
> The second of which paragraph gives this advice:
>
> 	... To find out your current IP address "automatically", just
> 	open a web-browser to http://www.whatismyipaddress.com. Then
> 	just tell that number to someone trying to connect with you,
> 	and you'll soon be connected.

caersidi "at" sdf.lonestar.org