Xvnc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Corné Beerse cbeerse "at" lycos.nl
Mon Jan 12 10:41:01 2004

arib "at" hi.is wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Im having trouble installing vnc on my rh9 box.
>
> I have tried to rpm the libstdc .. package but it keeps telling me its
> already installed so i forced installing vnc-3.3.7-1.i386.rpm with rpm
> -ivh vnc-3.3.7-1.i386.rpm --nodeps --force, because it kept telling me
> that libstdc.. package was needed for installing vnc.

I recal by head that rh8, rh9 and upwards do need the stdc compatibility
libraries. I don't know the exact name but I do know their name starts with
'compat' and has 'stdc' in them. Most likely they are found on disk 2.

> When I try to start vnc with the command #vncserver :2 I get the errorlog:
>
> Xvnc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:
> xsetroot:  unable to open display 'localhost.localdomain:2'
> twm:  unable to open display "localhost.localdomain:2"
> xterm Xt error: Can't open display: localhost.localdomain:2
>
> Is someone familiar with this problem ?

yes, however, most from other tools.