Xvnc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

arib@hi.is arib "at" hi.is
Sat Jan 10 12:23:00 2004

Hi everyone,

Im having trouble installing vnc on my rh9 box.

I have tried to rpm the libstdc .. package but it keeps telling me its
already installed so i forced installing vnc-3.3.7-1.i386.rpm with rpm
-ivh vnc-3.3.7-1.i386.rpm --nodeps --force, because it kept telling me
that libstdc.. package was needed for installing vnc.

When I try to start vnc with the command #vncserver :2 I get the errorlog:

Xvnc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:
xsetroot:  unable to open display 'localhost.localdomain:2'
twm:  unable to open display "localhost.localdomain:2"
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: localhost.localdomain:2

Is someone familiar with this problem ?

regards, arib