Starting WinVNC from command-line

Lange, Bob (Tax Office) bob_lange "at" itc.co.harris.tx.us
Fri Jan 9 20:08:00 2004

Richard,

Try this:

From a command ( DOS) prompt type:    net start winvnc      and that should
start the service for you, and give you the properties box to fill in the
password, then it will run as a service and you should not have to go
through that again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Uchytil [mailto:webmaster "at" billysbrassband.com]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 2:03 PM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Starting WinVNC from command-line

WinVNC 3.3.7, WinXP & Win2K.  I want to start WinVNC from the
command-line, but everytime I try to, I get the dialog box asking me for
settings and I have to click OK to start the server.  How can I get this
to start without this dialog box popping up?  I don't know if I have
WinVNC installed as a service, but it does start each time I reboot my
computer.

Thanks!

Rich Uchytil
webmaster "at" billysbrassband.com