colo(u)r depth 4.0b4 problems

Ellis Golub ellis "at" vesicle.dental.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 9 19:59:01 2004

Tristan --

I've been trying to change the default with out success.  I did manage to crash
the Xserver completely.  If I want to force vncviewr to use  12 bit Truecolor,
can't I just hardcode that into TXImage somehow?

Ellis

On Jan 9, 11:15am, Tristan Richardson wrote:
> Subject: Re: colo(u)r depth 4.0b4 problems
> The version 4 viewer currently always uses the default visual, which in your
> case is 8-bit PseudoColor.  Eventually we intend to add options like the
> version 3 viewer to force use of a particular visual.  However for the
> moment, to get it to use the 12-bit truecolor visual you need to make that
> the default for your X server.
>

> Cheers
>
> Tristan
>

> End of VNC-List Digest
>-- End of excerpt from Tristan Richardson

Ellis Golub                  Phone: (215) 898-4629
Biochemistry Department      FAX:   (215) 898-3695
University of Pennsylvania   ellis "at" biochem.dental.upenn.edu
School of Dental Medicine
240 South 40th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6030
Home: http://biochem.dental.upenn.edu/~ellis/