Optimizing VNC framerate?

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Fri Jan 9 13:48:00 2004

Tom,

Two things that will help are:

- Try to keep your Linux desktops "clean" i.e. plain background rather than
complex images, etc.
- Use the Auto Select feature of VNC Viewer to select the best compression
and pixel format.

You should probably run VNC 4b4 at both ends, since it is generally more
efficient than the VNC 3 releases.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of Tom Lemcke
Sent: 07 January 2004 19:13
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Optimizing VNC framerate?

Hello, I would like to introduce myself, I am Tom, I'm a college student and
I'm looking into VNC as a possible remote access program to use on my new
server project in which my server will be running Linux and the viewers will
be running some kind of Windows.

Anyways, I am trying to figure out how to optimize VNC for the best possible
framerate and controls response when it comes to using VNC viewer. I'm
trying to make viewing a sever PC as flawless as possible. Any help would be
VNC-List mailing list
VNC-List "at" realvnc.com
To remove yourself from the list visit: