Various issues about copy/paste between Xvnc and Win2K vncviewer

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer "at" free.fr
Wed Jan 7 22:52:00 2004

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had the same issues than me :

 - with Xvnc 3.3.x and either vncviewer 3.3.x or 4.0b4, copy paste works
   fine except for copy / paste from GTK 1.x / 2.x apps. Basically, if I
   select something in an xterm, I can 'Ctrl-V' it in Windows. If I do the
   same in the text widget of a Gtk application, I can properly paste it in,
   for example, emacs or an xterm, but it won't change the Windows clipboard
   (ie I need to copy from Gtk, paste to emacs, re-copy and the paste in
   Windows).

   This may have something to do that in X, AFAIK, there are two selection
   buffers (primary and clipboard) and maybe Gtk only update one of them and
   VNC uses the other. Did not investigate more yet by looking at the Gtk
   code.

 - by testing Xvnc 4.0b4 + XFree 4.3.0, copy paste between Xvnc and
   vncviewer (whatever the version) does not work at all, be it for standard
   of Gtk apps (but there, keyboard works perfectly, even my French AZERTY
   one :-) ).

So I am wondering what I could do to help debugging this (or how the
clipboard handling is done in the VNC code for me to debug this a bit :-) ).

Thanks,
           Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/