Get user approval before taking control, for each connection

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Wed Jan 7 15:20:01 2004

David,

That depends on which version you are using.

VNC 3.3.7 includes the QueryConnect option, which allows the user to be
prompted to accept connections.

VNC 4.0 Beta 4 does not yet implement QueryConnect, but the next VNC 4.0
release will.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of cec bcrepi
Sent: 07 January 2004 13:51
To: 'vnc-list "at" realvnc.com'
Subject: Get user approval before taking control, for each connection

Hi everyone,

When I take control on a Win98/2000/NT PC using the VNC, I want that the
user will give me his approval to do so, for each connection.

I am a new user in VNC and I read the documentation carefully.  I didn't
see any details about such an option.

Does any one know if it's possible to do with VNC ?  If not, can you
recommend on another freeware/shareware application with such option in
Windows 98 & 2000/NT environment ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

David.