Connection closes

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Wed Jan 7 11:19:00 2004

When you say that this occurs with 2 out of 10 hosts only, do you mean
that two machines have this behaviour when you run the viewer on them,
or when you run the server on them?

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.

---

> Could be a dodgy firewall, dodgy network connection, or just that the
> VNC server has a very short idle timeout configured!

I can exclude all these possibilities. I am the admin of this network
and I can reach different hostst in this network easily and I have
stable connections to them. The problem just occurs with 2 out of 10
hosts. It also occurs, if the VNC-session is being opened using the LAN
only (host3 connects to host4, no WAN connection there). In this case
there's no firewall or "dodgy network connection".

With the timeout, I am not sure, but I doubt that this can be the
reason, because I'm running a default installation there and I did not
modify anything.

--
Regards,
T.