Win2k to Win2k connection freezes/crashes

Mike Fujka fujkamd "at" hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 04:47:00 2004

I am connecting from a Win2k computer to another Win2k running VNC server.
Both are connecting using a cable modem.

The first connection was working fine, and then my connection froze and i
had to restart my computer. The mouse was moving irradtically even after I
closed out of the VNC viewer.

The computer that was running the VNC server had changed IP address after it
was restarted. It could not access the internet. I had to unistall the
server, and release/renew the IP to reset the connection.

Is there anything I can do to stop the connection from crashing and from
reseting the servers IP address? Thanks