4.0b4 doesn't use /etc/vnc.conf?

Travis Griggs tgriggs "at" key.net
Wed Jan 7 00:01:00 2004

I dl'd and installed the 4.0b4 server/viewer for Linux. I installed them
in ~/bin. I have an rc.d link that fires up a vnc server. I
added/uncommented the line

$getDefaultFrom = "-display localhost:0"

in my /etc/vnc.conf file

But it didn't seem to take. It came up with an 800x600 geometry, I
think. But my monitor's a flat lcd touchscreen running 1280x1024. Is
this a known issue? Or maybe because I installed locally? Or maybe 4.0
doesn't use vnc.conf? Any help or hints or response would be greatly

Travis Griggs
Key Technology
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein