HTTP proxy for web-based interface

Tue Jan 6 14:08:01 2004

	The web-java client needs port 5800 and 5900.  Are both allowed to pass through your proxy?  OTOH, if the problem occurs only when you're at office, isn't it simpler to use native VNC viewer?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Calkins, David S [mailto:david.s.calkins "at" lmco.com]
Envoyi : mardi 6 janvier 2004 14:14
@ : vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Objet : HTTP proxy for web-based interface

I recently tried installing and using RealVNC on my home machine.  I enabled the web based interface and am able to browse to my machine from another machine at home and use it as expected via the Java applet which runs in the web page.

I then tried accessing my home machine from work via a web browser.  Accessing web sites from work requires use of an HTTP proxy.  The browser is configured properly to go through the proxy, so I'm able to get to the web page with the login prompt (I've enabled a password).

The problem is that, when the Java applet runs, it doesn't go through the proxy to communicate to the RealVNC server, rather, it apears to be attempting a direct connection.

Is there any way to tell the Java applet to also go through the HTTP proxy?