Connecting through a cable modem ...

Napolean Dynamite elvis "at" channel1.com
Mon Jan 5 21:41:01 2004

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to search the VNC-List Archives so I don't have to
waste people's time by asking questions that have already been asked and
answered? I looked at the archive lists, but I did not see any way to do
a search.

2. And now to waste your time: Is it possible to connect to a machine
over the Internet that is directly connected to a cable modem. The cable
modem obtains an IP address from the cable provider and the PC has a
private IP address (192.168.1.x). I have done this with a router that
supports port forwarding, but I don't see how to do the equivalent with
just a cable modem. Any ideas or pertinent links are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike