vnc 4.0, NAT, connection reset,,, heelp!

Sertar Yalciner oyuncubey "at" yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 11:26:01 2004

Hi,
To summarize,
My ADSL modem does NAT.
I run vnc server on port 9000
I translate port 21 to port 9000 on the modem
My modem was listening from port 21 but I disabled it.
I am behind NAT in the office also.
I can telnet to port 21 of my modem and I get the RFB
prompt of VNC

I did something crazy and put a firewall on my desktop
at home. I allowed port 9000 on it and configured it
to log everything. When I got back home, I can see all
the requests from my office being allowed by the
desktop firewall.

BUT I still get connection reset by peer (10054)
message.

Does anybody know how to debug vnc?
Any other suggestions?

Regards