VNC Viewer and PCAnywhere 10.5

Stephen Gosin sgosin "at" comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 18:52:00 2004

I have found that after installing VNC Viewer, the TCP/IP Host mode in
PCAnwhere 10.5 do longer functioned in my LAN.  A remote trying to access
the PCAnywhere host does not get a hookup screen.  To correct it, I had to
uninstall VNC viewer, uninstall and reinstall PCAnwhere.

The ports used are not the same so I do not understand the reason why.  The
host uses windows 98SE and VNC viewer was installed to enable fast access to
my office computer (VNC Host) over the internet with router and cable modem
(wideband).  VNC works quit well for that purpose but it does not seem to
coexist well with PCAnywhere since I can't just stop the PCAnywhere Host
when I want to use VNC Viewer and then end the viewer because PCA will no
longer work until it is reinstalled.

Any ideas?  Is there a service that VNC Viewer starts that I have to
manually stop with a ctrl-alt-del??

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Gosin
sgosin "at" comcast.net