VNC network, playing several movies synchronous
cbeerse "at" lycos.nl
Wed Dec 1 08:58:00 2004
Martin Kellner wrote:
> Dear friends,
> I want to play 2 movies on two pcs synchronous because one isn't strong enough
> to handle the datastream. Is it possible remoting it with VNC and how, I'm
> just a newcomer?
Yes it is possible, however....
- you cannot use display-acceleration on the vnc-server machine because VNC
cannot capture accelerated portions of the display.
- you need a hell of a lot CPU power to have the movie displaying on the machine
itself (it is running without acceleration).
- Other parts of the system will become additional bottle-necks.
- vncserver must have a relative high update frequency. (25 or 30 frames/second
for video quality)
- If vncserver does no compression, you need a verry high network bandwidth.
- If vncserver does compression, you need even more CPU power.
Hence, it is more easy to get the 2 movies playing on one system, without VNC...