Error 10061 on one of two systems

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Wed Aug 11 18:44:01 2004

Ronald,

You misunderstand: error 10061 indicates that the server computer didn't
even accept the TCP connection in the first place - the connection never got
to the stage of being connected nor authenticated.  This is why there is no
logged connection in the .log file.

Possible causes are:
- Broken TCP stack on the second machine
- Broken DNS setip on the second machine (what form of VNC Viewer address do
you use?)
- A firewall configuration at the server that permits connections only from
certain addresses
- A firewall configuration at the server that permits connections only via
certain network interfaces
- Some sort of firewall software on the second machine, that is aborting the
connection at the source.

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.