VNC vs. TS part II

Stuart Ellis elliss "at" imapmail.org
Thu Apr 29 13:29:00 2004

A set of 15 Windows PCs will be a massive time sink if you don't have AD
or Novell.  Trying to keep the software updated, in sync and correctly
configured on all PCs, plus lockdown, AV etc. to prevent them being
messed up will be a job in itself.

Is it feasible to remove Windows from the equation, and run the app on a
Linux system ?  You could then give VNC desktops to your users without
the licencing issue, and client machines can boot off the network if you
wish.  There are various kits for making this kind of setup.