VNC on Win2K Server

shaun thornburgh shaunthornburgh "at" hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:29:00 2004

Hi,

I have installed VNC on our Windows 2000 Server Machine. However, I am
unable to connect to our machine from outside of the office. When I try I
get a message saying either:

'This server does not have a valid password enabled. Until a password is
set, incoming connections cannot be accepted.'

or

'Your connection has been rejected.'

I have set a password using the properties dialog box. I have tried
accessing this via http using http://My IP:5800 in a browser and I get to
the login screen. If I enter an incorrect password I get the 1st message,
however if I enter the correct password I get the second error message.

I have asked our office network company to open incoming and outgoing VNC
ports on the firewal. I am also able to ping in to the server and out of the
server.

I am lost now and don't know what else to try, please help!

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger