VNCserver connecting problem

Wed Apr 28 15:27:01 2004

	I'm not sure, but this could mean that the port forwarding is badly defined.

> instead of "Your connection has been rejected"(on version 3.3.3R7)
> I have checked the event viewer application log, and what I have
> found was:

	Check rather the log in the server machine.  This is also useful.

> "TcpListener on port 5800 failed (unable to bind listening socket)"
> and
> "TcpListener on port 5900 failed (unable to bind listening socket)"
> What I am thinking is that this connecting problem is not caused
> of VNC but of someother cause. Maybe these ports have been occupied
> by someother application or whatever.I think I will check out the port
> settings of my server(Win2000pro).

	Using this command:
netstat -n -a -p tcp
It could show you the open ports in your server machine.  But they can't tell you which application is the owner of the port.