R: VNCserver connecting problem

Livio Curzola l.curzola "at" t-t.it
Wed Apr 28 13:39:01 2004

Dear Ken

Be sure that VNCServer is actually running and that there is only one
version of VNCServer which is running. I mean different versions of
VNCServer (e.g. 3.3.7 and 4.0b4) can coexist on one machine but the first
instance will allocate TCP Port 5900 whereas the others will listen on
different port numbers (5901, 5902 etc.). Be sure that VNC is actually
listening on port 5900!

From the command prompt window, you can issue the netstat command to see
which ports are used and along with their status.

Cheers

Livio Curzola
Software engineer

Tel : +39 0481 523874
mail :l.curzola "at" t-t.it

t&t
telematica e trasporti srl
visit our web: www.t-t.it

Sede
Autoporto pad.A c/o B.I.C. I 34170 GORIZIA
tel. +39 0481 523874 fax +39 0481 523879
e-mail : info "at" t-t.it

its research centre
Area Science Park - Padriciano 99  I 34012 Trieste  Italia
Tel: +39 040 3755371 - fax: +39 040 3755372
e-mail : t-t "at" com.area.trieste.it

************************
This document is intended for, and should only be read by,those persons to
whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have received
this message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately, e-mail
"info "at" t-t.it". Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without our
prior written consent is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent
the position of t&t. Furthermore t&t does not authorise nor use e-mail for
official contractual correspondence.  Nothing received in e-mail has any
contractual validity. t&t reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been checked for known  computer viruses.