Running VNC server and Remote destop XP simultaneously - not working

Fri Apr 23 16:04:01 2004

	This is probably the device which let you "see" under a TS or RDT session.  How did you get this info?

> - if I run VNC after reboot, everything work fine
> - if I run RDT before VNC, it is not possible run VNC (only black
> initialization widow appear)

	Because the default VNC server is "attached" to the console.  If you need to "see" inside your RDT session, you have to stop the default server service and run VNC as an application;
or run VNC as an application in another display number.

> - if I run RDT at small resolution, which is actual remote PC resolution
> (640x480x8), then I'm able to run VNC simultaneously (realy two windows
> side by side)

	See above.

	I don't know how RDT determines if a console session is used or not.  But FYI, with Win2003, it's possible to get to the console session by using
computer_name /console

> - if I stop RDT, than also VNC stop reactions (hangs?), so I have to
> close viewer

	Because possibly the virtual display device dies as your close or disconnect the session.

> - when I stop RDT and try to run VNC individualy, it create only window
> in 640x480, but it is black
> - when I ran RDT in big full screen resolution, then VNC tried to create
> big window, but only black
> - another VNC-like utility RemoteAdministraor 2.1 act in the similar way
> (none window opened after RDT was running)
> - both VNC and RAdmin works fine, if it is used prior RDT
> - the same black windows is in
> I thing, that RDT somehow "damage" video driver, which both applications
> need.
> I''l try to insert better gr. accelerator (not only 512kB).

	It's useless.

> Any idea how to solve this?

	Yes, but might be considered inefficient:
inside your RDT session, run VNC as an application in another display number.
minimize the Remote Desktop client window (minimize, not quit)
run your VNC client

> Does exist some person, who is runnig both RDT and VNC simultaneously at
> XP computers?

	Personally, I don't use RDT to XP, but only to Win2003, yes, both.