Open connections upon close

Corné Beerse cbeerse "at" lycos.nl
Thu Apr 22 13:01:01 2004

Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:

> 	I don't use Unix version of VNC but I would think this is the way it should be, just like X Windows and Terminal Services.

I think I missed the origional post, I'm sure I pointed to
http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp which just does what is
described.

> 	Maybe you could take a look at the DOC to see if you could change the startup script to quit everything automatically:
> http://www.realvnc.com/documentation.html

Both ways are suposed to work. The default is to leave the session open for
future use. Xvnc (the core binary) has many options to controll this. You can
pass these options to the `vncserver` script too, or even update it. See `Xvnc
--help` for a list of options.

Be warned, if Xvnc is closed by ending the session, all subprocesses are
crashed!, no nice exit of those subprocesses. On the other hand, if you use the
setup as on http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp, you better
close the windows session, that will close all processes (including Xvnc and
hence your viewer) in a much nicer way.