Using VNC over the internet

Robert kerplop "at" sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 22 12:22:08 2004

FWIW, I have a friend who has a Linksys 4-port router Ver 3 and who
reports that in order to get port forwarding to "take", he must first
clear the router's password back to the default of "admin".  Besides
being different than my ver 2 router, the idea of zapping the password
to change another option is ridiculous BUT I know this person very well
and he would not have told me that if it hadn't been accurate.
I find it interesting that a firmware update is available for the Ver 3
4-port router
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=29&prid=561 but
none is shown for the 8-port box
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=29&prid=604
Note also that my Linksys 4-port router, ver 2 with firmware 1.44.2, Dec
13 2002  works like the users guide says (and like any reasonable person
would expect).