Using VNC over the internet

Seak, Teng-Fong tfseak "at"
Thu Apr 22 10:26:11 2004

	Please reply to the list for your own good.

	When you went to, you should see an IP address.  Does this address correspond your router's address in public port?  If no, there must be a firewall/router somewhere between your router and Internet backbone routers, possibly your ISP's router.

De : csuva11 [mailto:cbruno "at"]
Envoyi : mercredi 21 avril 2004 17:56
@ : Seak, Teng-Fong
Objet : RE: Using VNC over the internet

I have an 8-port linksys cable/dsl router.  On the "forwarding" page, I have entered the following:
Service Port Range  Protocol    IP address
     5900-5900          Both
     5800-5800          Both
The IP address is that of my PC, assigned by the router (DHCP).  I have also tried which is the lan address of the router.
After setting this up, I went to and tested my setup, which fails in both cases.  What am I doing wrong?