Running VNC server and Remote destop XP simultaneously - not working

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Wed Apr 21 23:33:00 2004

This has nothing to do with your graphics card.

Remote Desktop uses different "sessions" when you connect to your XP box,
but VNC can only make session zero available.  So if you use Remote Desktop
in such a way that session zero is no longer active (i.e. it is visible on
the console, or in a connected Remote Desktop client), then VNC can't remote
it.

This is a known limitation of current releases.

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.